Tenderloin AIDS Resource Center
Serves those living with or at risk of aquiring HIV/AIDS and those who have difficulty obtaining services elsewhere due to substance abuse, mental illness, sexual orientation, gender identity, race and ethnicity and/or other social barriers.
- Prevention case management for HIV positive , HIV negative, transgender and latino clients.
- Transgender counseling and substance abuse counseling for HIV clients. Referrals available.
- Outreach to residents of the tenderloin.
- Free and confidential HIV antibody testing and counseling Sundays- Saturdays, 9-11:30am & 1-3:30pm
- Walk-ins and appointments with referral. No FEE.
- Spanish available.
Provides direct access to HIV short-term emergency housing (up to 28 days in a calendar year) for homeless residents living with HIV/AIDS who are linked with a case manager and working towards alternatives long-term placement or family reunification
GLIDE’s mission is to create a radically inclusive, just and loving community mobilized to alleviate suffering and break the cycles of poverty and marginalization.
Our Core Values emerge from GLIDE as a spiritual movement. They are rooted in empowerment, recovery and personal transformation. Our values inspire and guide our behaviors.
They are the ground we stand on.
330 Ellis Street (Main Building)
San Francisco, CA 94102
415.674.6000 | email@example.com
Ark of Refuge
The mission of the Ark of Refuge is to challenge and overcome the individual and institutional barriers which discourage or prevent underserved populations from accessing vital services. This agency is dedicated to creating culturally sensitive programs which address holistically the complex life circumstances of persons in need of basic health, educational, and psychosocial services.
1038 Howard St, San Francisco, CA 94103
The IRIS Center is the only women’s community-based organization in San Francisco to provide high-quality prevention, education, and behavioral health services free or at a low cost.
- Mental Health Counseling;
- HIV Services;
- Harm Reduction
- Drug & Alcohol Recovery Services;
- Parenting Skills;
- Childcare & Counseling Services;
- LGBT Groups
Address: 12 Gough Street, San Francisco California 94103
Phone: (415) 864-2364
Our Mission- We transform lives by advancing health, wellness, and equality.
Our Commitments- We serve people of all races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities, & immigration statuses.
We foster resilience, strength, connection, health & wellness for all communities.
Our health services will always be grounded in social justice.
Our core values guide how we fulfill our mission, including our program delivery, our decision-making and our community collaborations.
730 Polk St., 4th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94109
1. How does Adela represent transgender women of color in the United States?
2. With the resources and medical attention for AIDS how does the virus still effect the queer community?
3. Transgender has been defined in class on multiple levels. In Adela’s situation, how and/or why do you think she identifies as transgender?